Video in 2019 continues to be one of the most effective aspects in a digital marketing campagin.
We find videos more engaging, more memorable, and more popular than any other type of content out there. Video as a means of storytelling and advertising is no longer a nice option, it’s a necessity.
When you think of videos and marketing, you think of the kind of adverts we are familar with on our TV’s, however, this is no long the case. Video marketing comes in all shapes and forms, from presentions to tutorials and interviews to testimonials. Gone are the days of conventional video advertising and now, more than ever, it is key to get it right.
To give you an idea of its importance, we’ve rounded up the latest statistics for video in marketing in 2019.
- 81% of businesses use video as a marketing tool — up from 63% over the last year. (Hubspot)
- 6 out of 10 people would rather watch online videos than television. (Google)
- Mobile video consumption rises by 100% every year. (Insivia)
- By 2022, online videos will make up more than 82% of all consumer internet traffic — 15 times higher than it was in 2017. (Cisco)
- 78% of people watch online videos every week, and 55% view online videos every day. (HubSpot)
- A Facebook executive predicted that their platform will be all video and no text by 2021. (Quartz)
- YouTube is the second most popular website after Google. (Alexa)
- Users view more than 1 billion hours of video each day on YouTube. (YouTube)
- 59% of executives say they would rather watch a video than read text. (Wordstream)
- 75% of all video plays are on mobile devices. (eMarketer)
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video, compared to 10% when reading it in text. (Insivia)
- 72% of customers would rather learn about a product or service by way of video. (HubSpot)
- People are 1.5 times more likely to watch video on their mobile phones. (Facebook)
- 92% of users watching video on mobile will share it with others. (Wordstream)
- By 2020 there will be close to 1 million minutes of video crossing the internet per second. (Cisco)
- Videos attrach 300% more traffic and help to nurture leads. (MarketingSherpa)
- A website is 53 times more likely to reach the front page of Google if it includes video. (Insivia)
- Including a video on your landing page can boost your conversion rate by up to 80%. (Unbounce)
- Nearly 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store. (Hubspot)
- Video increases organic search traffic on a website by 157%. (Conversion XL)
- 25% of companies publish videos every week. (Buffer)
- 85% of consumers want to see more video content from brands. (HubSpot)
- 65% of executives have gone to the marketer’s site and 39% have called them on the phone after watching a marketing video. (Forbes)
- 97% of marketers say video has helped users gain a better understanding of their products and services. (Hubspot)
- 52% of marketers say video is the type of content with the best ROI. (HubSpot)
- Adding video to your emails can increase click rates by 300%. (HubSpot)
- 50% of viewers aged 18-34 said they would stop what they were doing to watch a video from their favorite creator. (Google)
- On average, people spend 2.6x more time on pages with video than without. (Wistia)
- 64% of consumers will make a purchase after watching branded videos on social platforms. (Tubular Insights)
- Video is expected to make up 82% of internet traffic by 2021. (Cisco)
We can help you bring video to your buisness – Get in touch to see how we can help!